r2p’s UK subsidiary is looking for a Rail Project & Sales Engineer to join its team in Crawley.
You will work on a variety of projects and sales opportunities for multiple customers across the UK. You will need to work closely with colleagues in Crawley and in our other group business units outside the UK. You will need to be able to understand our customer’s requirements and expectations and effectively communicate these into our software and engineering teams. You will also provide some post-delivery support.
Responsibilities will involve, but not limited to:
- Technical Support for Projects through whole project lifecycle.
- Complete method statements, Risk Assessments and quality checks etc
- Produce relevant technical documentation, schematics, test requirements, installation procedures etc
- Carry out Factory and Site Acceptance testing
- Carry out installation, testing and commissioning work on site as required.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues from a component to system level.
Pre & Post Sales Engineering
- Support Tenders and build business cases.
- Collate, interpret and consult on customer requirements.
- Carry out Site/on-vehicle system surveys.
- Turnkey system (pre-sales) design
- Articulate and present system designs and method statements
- Select equipment to match requirements and Compile bill of materials.
- Identify, qualify & select external suppliers and validate new product supply.
- Input into Product Development to enhance robustness, performance and reliability.
- Provide post-delivery support such as warranty management.
- Provide customer support to resolve issue and deliver improvements.
- Provide Customer staff training.
- 5+ years rail engineering experience mandatory
- Experience with passenger information systems, CCTV, Passenger Counting, Real Time Information systems would be an advantage.
- Understanding of IT systems configuration and networking
- Pre-sales experience, notably requirements analysis, system design and ability to articulate proposed solutions internally and externally.
- Written responses and documentation for tenders
- Rail Standards compliance knowledge
- Experience with Linux embedded software would be beneficial.
- Project management skills and experience desirable
- Be self-motivated, proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Have a methodical and systematic approach to problem solving and documenting output.
- Strong IT skills and Competent using Microsoft Office.
- Be a team player and able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers.
- Be prepared to work in the field as required.
- Minimum – HNC/HND in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
r2p offers great job opportunities in various fields and job profiles. As we are a growing international company our employees have the chance to grow with us and to work in a global environment. We are a dynamic and open-minded company with flat hierarchies and an open-door philosophy. The team not only works together but also shares a few laughs too. We place a high value on sustainability and respect.
r2p operates in an innovative and future-oriented industry which is what keeps us moving, constantly seeking new solutions to make public transport amazing!
Please send your resume along with a one-page cover letter, which should include relevant interest in the role applied for, name, address and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you can apply on uk.indeed.com.