Are you a passionate, solution-oriented electrical engineer and do you want to work in a future-oriented and sustainable industry that is driven by innovation and the latest technology? Then keep reading!
You will be part of our talented team in Sydney that is dedicated to developing industry-leading hardware and software systems for transport applications. You will support this mission with the following tasks:
- PCB and PCA design, generation of BOMs and fabrication files and hands-on prototyping, testing and validation
- Writing of VHDL/Verilog code for FPGAs
- Obsolescence management through the implementation of required design changes
- Provision of cross-functional support to software development and production
- Design and maintenance of products in compliance with relevant standards and requirements
- Execution of tests and investigations
- passionate to learn and grow
- motivated and ambitious to work on your own initiative
- strongly team-oriented and able to closely coordinate and align with direct peers, management and other department and business units
- able to work within set time frames and driven to achieve agreed milestones
- good at written and verbal communication with both technical and non-technical personnel
- well-organised in your approach to managing and documenting your tasks and progress
You have completed a tertiary degree in electrical engineering. Graduates and entry-level candidates are encouraged to apply.
Your skills include:
- Analog and digital electronics design
- Knowledge of PCB/A manufacturing processes
- Hand soldering – PCA modification and repair
- Hands-on electronics testing and validation
- Digital logic and programming
- Strong working knowledge of Altium Designer
- Generally strong computer literacy
- Strong work ethics
Further beneficial skills and experience may include:
- Circuit simulation software such as LT SPICE
- PCB stack-up design and knowledge of characteristic impedance
- Intel FPGAs and SOC configuration (HDL)
- Electronics design for railway products, and required compliance
- EMC testing and compliance
- Linux and u boot
- C, Python
- Wired and cellular networking
- LED and LCD displays, optical test equipment
- Technical writing
- Firmware modification and design
- Embedded systems
Australian citizenship, permanent residency, or a temporary work visa is required.
r2p offers great job opportunities in various fields and offers a competitive salary package that is commensurates with your skills and experience level. As we are a globally expanding company our employees have the chance to grow with us and to work in an international environment.
You will join us at our facility in Bella Vista, Sydney, conveniently located near Bella Vista metro station (10-minute walk) and just off the Westlink M7 (5-minute drive).
We are a dynamic and open-minded company with flat hierarchies and an open-door philosophy. The team not only works together but also shares laughs and good times. We place a high value on sustainability and respect – also, for us, humour is always part of the game. r2p operates in an innovative and future-oriented industry which is what keeps us moving, constantly keen on finding new solutions to make public transport amazing!
Please send your application stating your earliest possible starting date and salary expectation to jobsAU(at)r2p.com or click on the link below.