Hardware Engineer / Tester for assisting with hardware development and documentation
- Design and development of equipment for the transport industry, in particular rolling stock.
- Design cost effective, easy to assemble products that work well and meet specification.
- Prepare all the technical documentation, drawings and BOMs for printed circuit assemblies required for product manufacture.
- Select cost effective and high performance parts for new designs.
- Consult with manufacturers to ensure problem free production and optimal design.
- Perform required equipment compliance testing.
- Develop and configure appropriate PCA test procedures and hardware interfaces.
- Develop and configure appropriate equipment functional level test procedures and hardware interfaces.
- Excellent working knowledge of analog and digital circuitry. Good circuitry trouble shooting skills.
- Knowledge of standards such as EN50155 and AS60950.
- Strong understanding of design for manufacture.
- Familiarity with Altium for both schematic and PCB.
- Experience in high speed digital design is desirable.
- Some background in FPGAs and HDL would be beneficial.
- A good understanding of EMC testing, both immunity and emissions, and how design decisions may affect / impact these.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent
r2p offers great job opportunities in various fields and job profiles. As we are a growing international company our employees have the chance to grow with us and to work in a global environment.
We are a dynamic and open-minded company with flat hierarchies and an open-door philosophy. The team not only works together but also shares laughs and good times. We place high value on sustainability and respect – also, for us, humour is always part of the game.
r2p operates in an innovative and future-oriented industry which is what keeps us moving, constantly keen on finding new solutions to make public transport amazing!