The new year starts with an order from BOMBARDIER (now ALSTOM) for 80 trams supplying the end customer Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG). The project comprises CCTV, including HORIZON Live view, SIL-RVM systems, passenger WiFi and the comfort network.
Paul, responsible sales manager at r2p, states: “I am very pleased that Bombardier has once again placed its trust in us and has commissioned us with the largest single project to date. The customer was particularly impressed by the SIL1 concept, our know-how in network issues and our professional pre-sales engineering. I am also very pleased that, in addition to the underground trains, the first trams in Berlin will soon be on the road with r2p.”
The vehicle types are divided into 45x 5-car trams and 35x 9-car trams, each of which contains the following products:
- R16X Slim Recorder (2000GB HDD)
- CD2-I Cameras
- SIL1-RVM CD7 cameras for rear-view and blind-spot coverage
- SIL1-RVM monitors
- Passenger WiFi routers, access points and antennas
- Mobile Manager Suite
- Horizon licenses for on-premises operations
- Switches In addition to the hardware products, r2p’s service also includes project management, test setups, customer training, paintings and many more.
Finally, our partners from SafeinTrain will create a SIL1 coupling concept and implement a manual brightness control for the SIL1 monitors.