The NetSpire™ CXS Server is designed to facilitate systems with a large number of NetSpire devices. The CXS Server functions include intelligent announcement priority management, configuration management, maintenance functions, alarm and fault monitoring functions and software update roll-out features.
Netspire™ Communications Exchange
- Announcement Prioritisation: Supports intelligent prioritisation between conflicting requests for live PA, DVA, background music and Emergency Announcements to remote zones within the system.
- Configuration Repository: System configuration for devices in the system is stored on the NetSpire CXS Servers. This allows devices to auto-configure on power-up by finding and downloading the configuration information associated with the device.
- Configuration Management and Aggregation Interface: Provides management of system configuration, allowing configuration of a large number of devices to be performed quickly and efficiently.
- Intercom Call Management: Call management for NetSpire intercom and emergency phone devices. The system also uses the NetSpire VAS server for call recording, archiving and retreival.
- Reporting and Statistics: Automatically logs key system events to a central database which may be useful for generating audits, statistics and system reports.
- Fault / Alarm Recording and Escalation: Faults and alarms reported by the system are logged in a database and escalated. Filters can be applied to escalate faults and alarms of interest, and aggreate multiple alarms.
- System Activity Monitor: The system activity monitor records the start, duration, end time and source of announcements made in the system.
- Software Update: The NetSpire CXS Server provides a central staging area for network software updates for devices in the system.
- External Interfacing: Third-party integration and control of the NetSpire system is provided through the NetSpire SDK. The NetSpire SDK supports Java, .NET, C# and C++ libraries for system integrators.
- Telephony Interfaces: The CXS Server supports a T1/E1 and SIP telephony interfaces for integration with telephony systems.
- CXS Server Redundancy: The NetSpire CXS Servers support redundant configurations with automatic failover to spare NetSpire CXS Servers.